Subscribe to Catchment News
Evaluating CAP management targets
The Hunter-Central Rivers Catchment Action Plan (CAP) was approved for release in January 2007. The CAP is a strategic document that helps direct State and Australian Government natural resource management in the HCRCMA’s region to June 2016.
It should be noted that the evaluation is focussed on the management targets (MTs) to determine point of investment performance and not the catchment targets that reflect resource condition across the Hunter-Central Rivers region. The resource condition, as reflected by the catchment targets, will be undertaken collaboratively via the implementation of the revised NSW State Monitoring Evaluation and Reporting Strategy.
The initial project scope aimed to answer the following evaluation questions for each MT:
• WHERE have the activities been occurring
• WHAT types of activities have been undertaken
• What has been the QUALITY of the activities
• What IMPACT have the activities had - compared to a do nothing scenario
• What QUANTITY of the MT has been achieved
• What has been the COST effectiveness of these activities
• What CMA PROGRAM has been used to deliver the MT
• What has been the demand from stakeholders to implement MTs?
• What have been the issues and constraints to delivering the MT